Applicability of this Privacy Statement
“Gilrose Finance Company Limited”, “Gilrose Finance”, “us” “our” or “we” collect personal information so that we can carry on our business. This Privacy Statement sets out the many ways we collect information, what we do with the information, how we keep it safe, where it is held and how you can access and correct your information. The terms of any agreement you enter into with us will override any conflicting terms in this Privacy Statement.
Purpose and what we will do with the information
If you apply for credit for yourself, or apply for credit in your capacity as a sole trader, director or authorised officer of a business or you are a person who we are required by law to verify your identify, then we will collect personal information from you and from third party sources in order to assess the credit application and/or to verify your identity (including for AML/CFT purposes) and if credit is granted, to undertake ongoing credit reviews and verification. In these circumstances you consent to Gilrose Finance collecting, using and disclosing your personal information so that we can (where we are allowed to by law):
- verify any information that you give to us with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies such as NZTA, Department of Internal Affairs, MSD and Housing New Zealand. These checks may be undertaken on our behalf by a third party. If you wish to withdraw your consent to access Passport information from the DIA you must provide us with written notice.
- carry out credit checks on you and verify your identity with a credit reporting agency.
- where you have voluntarily given your driver licence information, this information may also be disclosed to a credit reporting agency and Ministry of Justice.
- checking the Ministry of Justice fines database for any overdue fines you may have. This will require disclosure of my information to the Ministry of Justice. This check may be carried out by a credit reporting agency, which will require the search results being disclosed to the credit reporting agency
You consent to third parties providing your information to us for these purposes.
If you do not provide the information that we request as part of a credit application, then we may not be able to process the application.
Credit Reporting Agencies
You understand that if we disclose your information to a credit reporting agency then they may hold your information on their credit reporting database and use and disclose it for providing credit reporting services to their subscribers and for other lawful purposes. This information may include repayment history information and credit account balance information.
WHEN USING OUR WEBSITE
Information we may collect
We may collect the following information, provided voluntarily by you:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer applications
In addition, a webserver may collect web traffic information such as the number and location of visitors (via IP address), the time and date of visits, the number of pages viewed, technical browser information and logs of website activity and traffic.
Purpose and what we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, so that we can:
- Process applications and ongoing credit reviews and verification.
- Keep accurate internal records.
- Improve our products and services.
- Periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Contact you for market research purposes - by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Customise the website according to your interests.
If you do not provide the information that we request, then we may not be able to undertake the matters set out above.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are stored by a website either on your computer’s hard drive (persistent cookies) or in your computer’s memory (session cookies). Cookies help analyse web traffic and are an integral part of our website functionality. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use Google Adwords, Google Remarketing, and Google Analytics to analyse the anonymous information we gather about visitors to better improve our website and marketing initiatives.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Google Analytics provide an Opt Out service here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
WHEN YOU TELEPHONE US
Gilrose Finance records all telephone calls made to general telephone numbers (such as the general enquiries line, lending enquiries line and collection enquiries line).
We record calls to carry out our business, and so that we can:
- Train our staff.
- Improve our customer service and the information we provide to you.
- Report on the type and number of telephone enquiries we get.
- Accurately record what was said during the call, which may be used if there is a dispute about the content of the call or to confirm any matters agreed to during the call.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right under the Privacy Act to request access to and correction of any personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to make an access request please send the request to us:
Attention: Privacy Officer
By email: Privacy.Officer@gilrose.nz
By post: PO Box 303018, North Harbour, Auckland 0751
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be held by us at Gilrose Finance Head Office, Level 1, 76 Paul Matthews Road, Albany, Auckland. We also use a third party cloud service provider to hold our email traffic. Currently, we use Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, and the information is held locally at a Microsoft security services data centre.
Microsoft Privacy Statement can found at:https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatement
AMENDMENT TO THIS POLICY
Gilrose Finance may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 19th November 2020.